Estrumate is a hormonal preparation for the control of Oestrus and treatment of specific reproductive disorders in cattle and horses. It is a clear, colourless, aqueous sterile solution.
Each 1ml of Estrumate contains 263 mcg Cloprostenol sodium (BP Vet) which is equivalent to 250mcg Cloprostenol.
Dosage and administration
- Cattle – 2ml
- Ponies and Donkeys – 0.5ml to 1.0ml
- Thorough breeds, hunters and heavy horses – 1 to 2.0ml
Administer by intramuscular injection observing normal aseptic precautions.
- Do not administer to pregnant animals unless the objective is to terminate the pregnancy.
- Do not use in horses intended for human consumption.
- Women of child bearing age, asthmatics and persons with bronchial or other respiratory problems should avoid any contact with Estrumate.
Estrumate contains Cloprostenol, a Prostaglandin analogue which is a highly potent luteolytic agent of exceptionally low toxicity.
In cattle, it is indicated fo the treatment of:
- Induction of parturition
- Termination of normal and abnormal pregnancy
- Treatmet of ovarian internal cysts
- Treatment of chronic endometritis
In mares, it is indicated for:
- Termination of persistent diestrous
- Establishing oestrus cycles
- Planning oestrus in broad mares as an aid to stud management.
Note: There is a refractory period of 4 to 5 days after ovulation when cattle and horses are insensitive to the luteolytic effect of Prostagladins.
- Meat withdrawal in cattle – 4 days